Surinam Airways provides the possibility for your pet to travel in a safe and pleasant way. However, there are some conditions that you must adhere to and it is very important that you have the appropriate travel documents and / or health certificates.
Pets as checked baggage
The “Live Animal Regulations” (LAR) which is issued by IATA also applies to Surinam Airways flights. Surinam Airways accepts the maximum of 5 (five) kennels per flight, depending on the aircraft type.
The total weight of kennel and pet together may not exceed 55 kg.
The kennel must be of good quality and lockable.
If the kennel has wheels they will have to be removed.
The kennel must not be made of material that could eventually injure your pet and / or the loading staff.
A kennel cannot contain more than one (1) pet and it should offer ample space to your pet. An exception to this rule is made when the bitch has puppies that are not older than 4 (four) months.
The transport of pets is subject to the applicable excess baggage rates. Surinam Airways recognizes only cats and dogs as pets and allows therefore this group of animals, to travel under stringent conditions in the cabin with the passenger, all other animals will be transported as checked baggage or cargo.
For further information you can also click on the IATA link https://www.iata.org/en/programs/cargo/live-animals/pets
Pets that are trained (guide-dogs) to accompany passengers with disabilities or rescue teams will be accepted in the cabin without kennel. In this case only one guide-dog per cabin section (economy class and / or business class) will be accepted. There are no costs associated with transporting guide-dogs.
Pets in the cabin
The traveling of a small cat or dog in the cabin is allowed under the following conditions.
- The pet must be transported in a suitable kennel or special travel bag for pets with a maximum size of 43 cm L x 31 cm W x 20 cm H.
- The total weight of kennel and pet together must not exceed 4 KG.
- The pet should not have an unpleasant odor, and may not be fed under any circumstance.
- The kennel must be placed under the seat in front of you.
The costs for accommodation of the pet (with a maximum weight of 4 kg including bag or kennel) in the cabin on the Regional or Mid-Atlantic route is USD 50 per flight.
Pets in the hold
The transport of your Pet in the hold is allowed under the following conditions.
- The pet must be transported in a suitable kennel for pets with a minimum size of 157 cm and maximum size of 406 cm
- The total weight of kennel and pet together must not exceed 55 KG.
- The pet should not have an unpleasant odor
The costs for accommodation of the pet in the cabin on the Regional or Mid-Atlantic route are as follows
under 32 kg
between 32- 45 kg
between 46- 55 kg
|< 157 cm||USD 50||USD 100||USD 100|
|157 – 203 cm||USD 100||USD 100||USD 100|
|204 – 406 cm||USD 150||USD 150||USD 150|
For the export of pets the following data and documents are required:
Travel documents and health certificates from Suriname.
- Copy of passport or ID card of the sender
- Customs formalities like the sole document form
- The HO3 form
- Value determination (invoice)
- Health certificate
- Vaccination evidence (recent)
- Consignee address
For additional information please contact our freight office, clearing section at the following phone numbers: (597) 432700.